I'm great at being lazy, it's like one of my best skills. To be honest, I've been a slacker for a while when it comes to a skincare routine. I guess I thought I'd step up my game later when my skin needed it or I saw signs of aging.
I know, I know, prevention is the best medicine, but the lazy girl in me didn't see the point. We're talking only washing my face every other day during my shower, rarely using moisturizer, and not even owning any type of serum or eye cream. Yeah...not good.
Well a couple months ago, I decided it was time to step up my game and get intentional about taking care of my skin. I did a lot of reading, tried a lot of products, and put together a weekly routine. Let me tell you in just 4 weeks I was pretty pumped to see what a difference it made, and how little effort it actually takes.
I'll be sharing my weekly skincare routine in the next post, but for now here are some tips if you are a lazy girl or just can't make the time for a multi-step routine.
SKINCARE TIPS: The Essentials
If you literally do nothing else, do these two things:
The Other Stuff
This serum is intended to combat hyperpigmentation and brighten skin. While I can't speak to its effectiveness in reducing spots or discoloration, it really is amazing at leaving skin bright and refreshed. Like I noticed a brighter complexion after just a week of everyday use.
As I mentioned, it includes Vitamin C, which is an essential element in collagen synthesis...it helps neutralizes free radicals and prevents them from stealing essential proteins from strands of collagen. Or to put it simply, it's an essential for not only preventing signs of aging, but also reversing them.
More good stuff:
- Not greasy & absorbs quickly
- Smells amazing
- Layers well under moisturizer
- The bottle is super pretty
- I can't really say how it does as far as correcting pigmentation on skin that is hyperpigmented. I just don't know, because while I have some other complexion concerns, pigmentation isn't one of them...yet.
- I wish there was more in the bottle...it is powerful stuff and a little goes a long way, but I tend to use too much and run out too quickly. This is probably just me, right?
Do you have any lazy girl tips for skincare?
Leave a comment below or use #NSBbeauty
P.S. This is a sponsored post: the Lumapro-C serum was gifted by HydroPeptide.